The DES 3rd grade is on Lesson 10 of the Story Town reading curriculum. These are the vocabulary words that students need to know for this lesson:
1. Investigate – When you investigate something, you try to find out the truth about it.
2. Expert – An expert is someone who knows a lot about a certain job.
3. Laboratory – A place where experiments are done is a laboratory.
4. Various – When there are various objects, there are objects of different types.
5. Suspect – When you suspect someone of something; you think that person has done it.
6. Confess – When you confess, you tell the truth about something you did wrong.
7. Perplexed – When you are perplexed about something, you are confused about it.
8. Inquisitive – If you are inquisitive about something, you are curious about it.
9. Inviting – If something looks inviting, you want to take part in it or have something to do with it.
10. Amusing – If something is fun or funny, it is amusing.